Thursday, November 30, 2017

Marine Animals

Title: Marine Animals
Author: Caitie Mcaneney

Topic
Who or what is the book about? The book I’m reading is about all kinds of different sea creatures and what there doing to try to keep them selve alive.


What you already know
Write 4-5 things you already know about the topic (write in complete sentences)
1.I know Who the author and illustrator is.
2.I know what the book is about.
3.I know where the story takes place.
4.I know about the creatures i’m reading about.
5.I know why i’m reading about these sea creatures.

After Reading the book, what you learned
Write 4-5 things you learned about the topic (write in complete sentences)
1.I learned where the sea creatures habitats are.
2.I learned what the sea creatures eat.
3.I learned if the sea creature is a predator or if the sea creature is prey.
4.I learned that the sea creatures come in different sizes.
5.I learned that some of these sea creatures use competition.


Vocabulary

Write 6 new word you learned from this book with their definitions.
Word
Definition
1.Adaptations
A change or the process of change by which an orginism or species becomes better suited to it’s enviroment.
2.Rely
Rely means to depend on with full trust or confidence.
3.Diversity
Diversity means a range of different things.
4.Constant
Constant means occurring continuously over a period of time.
5.Bizarre
Bizaare means to be very strange or unusual.
6.Photophore
Photophore means to see a light producing organ in certain fishes or other animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment