Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Tales of Famous Animals

Title:Tales of Famous Animals
Author:Peter and Connie Roop

Topic
Who or what is the book about?
The book is about famous animals and their history.

What you already know
Write 4-5 things you already know about the topic (write in complete sentences)
1.I know that a blue whale can eat millions of krills in one bite.
2.I know that cats can easily hunt for food all by themselves.
3.I know that an elephant was in a circus and soon became very famous.
4.I know that the bald eagle helped the army.
5.

After Reading the book, what you learned
Write 4-5 things you learned about the topic (write in complete sentences)
1.I learned about Pelorus Jack and how he’d lead ships and boats.
2.I learned that Punxsutawney Phil would predict the weather, if spring was coming early or if we had 42 more days of winter.
3.I learned about Jumbo, who was in a circus, traveled, and became famous for his talents.
4.I learned about Old Abe and how he risked his life. to save the army.
5.


Vocabulary
Write 6 new word you learned from this book with their definitions.
Word
Definition
1.skilled
well trained
2.caretaker
someone who takes care of animals
3.infected
someone who is hurt
4.servant
someone who serves something
5.affection
someone who shows lots of care
6.diet
what you are supposed to eat


Would you recommend this book? Why or Why not? (complete sentences)

I would recommend this book because it tells us about animal history and what they did for people.


Paste a picture of your

No comments:

Post a Comment