Sunday, December 3, 2017

Canada Goose


Title:Canada Goose
Author:Amy-Jane Beer

Topic
Who or what is the book about? This book is about where Canada Goose live and  their diet and how they react to different things.


What you already know
Write 4-5 things you already know about the topic (write in complete sentences)
1.I knew where Canada geese live already.
2.I knew that Canada geese honk to keep in touch with each other.
3.I knew that Canada geese hiss when they want you to get away.
4.I knew Canada geese fly to the Gulf every Fall.
5.

After Reading the book, what you learned
Write 4-5 things you learned about the topic (write in complete sentences)
1.I learned that Canada geese Fly in a V shape
2.I learned that Canada geese have two different feathers.
3.I learned that the biggest females weigh around 17 pounds (8kg).
4.I learned that Canada goose can fly up to 40 miles per hour.
5.


Vocabulary
Write 6 new word you learned from this book with their definitions.
Word
Definition
1.plumage
A bird’s feathers.
2.skein
The V-shape formation of flying geese.
3.gander
A male goose.
4.gizzard
The part of a goose’s stomach that grinds up food.
5.annual
Once a year.
6.Down
The small,soft under feathers that keep a goose warm.


Would you recommend this book? Why or Why not?

I would recommend this book if you are a fan of birds Canada Goose are very interesting.


Paste a picture of your book (see video):

No comments:

Post a Comment