Sunday, December 3, 2017

Samurai


Title:SAMURAI
Author:Adriane Lee
Topic
Who or what is the book about?
The book is about the Samurai and how they fought bravely through 1100 to the 1800.

What you already know
(OTHER ON PAGE BELOW)Write 4-5 things you already know about the topic
(write in complete sentences)
1.I know they use katanas.
2.I know they rode on horses.
(other on page one)
3.I know they used bow and arrows.
4.I know you they wore helmets shaped like demons or animals ready to attack.
5.

After Reading the book, what you learned
Write 4-5 things you learned about the topic (write in complete sentences)
1.I learned they are higher ranked than the emperor.
2.I learned they lived by a code called “Bushido.”
3.I learned about a person called a “shogun”.
4.I learned the used a deadly steel fan called a “Tessen.”
5.


Vocabulary
Write 6 new word you learned from this book with their definitions.
Word
Definition
1.bushido
A code of honor that demands loyalty and obedience and places honor before life.
2.shogun
A military General who once ruled japan.
3.daimyo
A noble man of Japan who owned a great deal of land.
4.tessen        
A steel fan that is very deadly.
5.foreigner
A person visiting a country that is not your native country.
6.legacy
A story that is passed on for generations.


Would you recommend this book? Why or Why not? (complete sentences)

Yes I would recommend this book because it has so much action and so many new words to learn.


Paste a picture of your book (see video):

No comments:

Post a Comment