Thursday, October 22, 2015

I Survived the Attacks of Sept 11, 2001

I Will Survive



“Crash there goes one plane into the tower, sirens filling the air, Lucas stopped running, hearing the screams and seeing the smoke from the building terrorise people.”  This statement is from I Survived the Attacks of September 11, 2001 by Lauren Tarishis shows why I never stopped reading it.

The main characters are eleven-year-old Lucas and his Uncle Benny. Lucas left hishome in Manhattan to talk to his Uncle Benny about not playing football. He was walking to the fire department (where Uncle Benny works) in New York City. Then it hit the first plane, hit one of the twin towers. People screaming and running in horror,sirens filling the air. Lucas was looking for for Uncle Benny everywhere but… he couldn’t find him.

I feel the author of I Survived the Attacks of Septemper 11, 2001 by Lauren Tarishis, is trying to tell the readers “ if you believe that you can help someone or something you can do it.”

I really like the I Survived series especily this one because at the end of the book the author tells why and how she wrote the book. Also, I said it kept me wanting to read till I found out what happened to Lucas.


The north face of Two World
 










No comments:

Post a Comment