Monday, December 5, 2016

A Wrinkle in Time



A Winkle in Time
                                                                                     By Madeleine L’engle


A Winkle in Time by Madeleine L’engle  is a book worth reading if you’re into sci fi adventure, interesting characters, and mystic lands.

A Winkle in Time  is about a girl named Meg and two boys named Calvin and Charles Wallace. Meg and Charles dad disappeared and has been gone for years. Meg, her mother, and the twins are starting to think that their dad left them,  but he is actually  a prisoner to IT in Camazotz. First  Meg, Calvin, and Charles with guidance  from human form  Mrs. Whatsit, Mrs. Who, and Mrs. Which go on a journey to save  their dad  from IT. When they get to Camazotz there are several difficulties but they finally get their dad. IT is devastated and with Charles under a trance gets, everyone to see him but IT is not what they expected. He tries to get them all under his trance. They narrowly escape but with Charles Wallace under the trance getting stronger and stronger. When they winkle (it’s like transporting) they have to go through “The Black Thing” and Meg almost dies. They appear in a mystic land in which they don't know they will meet some “beast” that will help them. They try and go over ways to save Charles and decide on the person closest to him, Meg. Meg goes with courage and love and saves her little brother. They get to go home with their dad, Calvin, Charles, and Meg.

I liked this book because it was pretty mysterious and it made me kind of nervous at some parts. There were parts when I was at the tip of my seat waiting as though someone or something was going to just pop out of my book. It was like I couldn’t put it down because I felt like if I did the words would just fall out of my book.  In some parts I was like wait , where are we as I couldn’t understand how they just are in a place about to lose their grip with “IT” and then they’re in a strange land.

Both boys and girls ages 8-10 would like this boo  for a good book or a quick read.

I would give this book a 4 stars rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment