Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Kidnapped

This book is called KIDNAPPED. It’s for tricking people young and old. It’s going to snap your mind into reading. By Robert Louis Stevenson.

First, this book is mostly about a sad boy who goes on an adventure. David's adventure is quite unexpected. He moves to live with  his uncle because of his father’s death. He goes up a broken staircase with weak steps. His adventure starts there in that rotten house. The next day he’s somewhere on a ship and out into a wondrous sea. That happens because he follows his untrustworthy uncle into a cabin.  His uncle asks him to go outside so he can talk to someone about something… KIDNAPPING!!! This is what that sad kid gets on his adventure.

I like this book! It’s not perfect, but really good I think. I got confused by who the characters were in the story. I liked this book because the author told me where and when the story was taking place. The author gave me details of the setting like that David was in the 1800’s and he lived in Essendean. The author also gave details about where and how his uncle’s house looked.
He also made me think that the characters were alive. He made it sound so real in the book that I thought the story was real and David was once alive.

I don’t know about you guys and gals, but I’d give this book a four star rating. I gave this book this rating because I liked reading it and he inspired me to want to write a book. This is why I think you should read this book.


1 comment: