Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Strong is the New Beautiful

Book Review:strong is the new beautiful by Lindesy Vonn

Have you ever  heard of Lindsey Vonn ?  Well Lindsey Vonn is a  Famous downhill skier .
So i read strong Is the new beautiful by Lindsey Vonn .  I learned a lot from this book that I wish everyone could.

This is mainly about Lindsey Vonn's life and her being a downhill skiing sensation! from the start Lindsey is a normal little girl in Burnsville, Minnesota. She skied at a place Called Buck Hill which had only a 310 foot  vertical foot drop, shorter than most water sides. Lindsay always enjoyed other sports. then on page 9 the story really gets started. she started taking trips to Vail, Co and ended up  moving there with her whole family, including her mom, dad, brothers and sisters. Next  in 2002 sHe made it to the Olympic team.  In 2004-2005 she made it to the podium by placing in the top 3 at Lindsay's first race in cortina, Italy. In the table of contents there are chapters about mind, diet, Fitness and Glamor.

I really enjoyed this book except its diet chapters. I think most 9 year olds would be a little bored so I recommend 9 and a half year old girls but boys could read it too, especially for the exercises for getting stronger. I found quotes that really mean something to me and probably others. this is one that you can find at the back of the book, “The most powerful, enduring, and life shaping strengths you can ever build is the one of self-love. And if you learn to love yourself you will be beautiful on the inside and out no matter your age for your body changes forever and ever.” I think if you really think about this quote as the book you will really enjoy your life. When you get to the exercises don't worry; you can come back to them and finish the amazing book.



Finally from reading this book from cover to cover Lindsey has gone through a lot in her life and she still is. I give the book 5 stars because Lindsay's a really inspiring person in life. I really enjoyed this book and if  you read my book Review you will end up wanting to read it too.  I will always remember that “when you commit to getting strong you agree to go on an incredible journey that will transform you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment