Monday, December 5, 2016

Danny the Champion of the World

Title: Danny the Champion of the World               By: Roald Dahl


For the past few weeks I’ve read an amazing book by Roald Dahl called Danny the Champion of the World. This book is the best Roald Dahl book I have ever read!

Danny is a young boy at the age of five, he knows he has to go to school but but he wants to be a mechanic. He learns a lot about it but needs a good education, so he goes to school at the age of seven.

Whenever Danny goes to bed, his father tells him a story with the light dimmed. For example, one night his father tells him a story about a friendly giant AKA, the BFG. However, one night Danny wakes up in the middle of the night and his father is not in the top bunk. Danny thinks he is in the mechanic station, he loved the sound of him working in the station but he couldn’t hear anything. He was looking everywhere but he couldn’t see or hear him. In a panic, he was running around yelling, “Dad?” “Where are you dad?” Then, suddenly he saw a figure in the road, it was him. Danny went running to his father. He asked what he was doing and his father explained that he was poaching. Danny was surprised. His father said he had to do it because he needed to feed his family.

I love my book so much because it shows how creative children can be; And possibly sometime, I could do something that Danny has done like save his father or something. I guarantee, you will have no regrets reading this book. If you read this book, I’ll bet that you feel the same way that I do. If I could, I would give this book 100,000,000,000 [one hundred billion] stars for a star rating.





No comments:

Post a Comment